Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam (CGL) exam for the recruit of candidates for group B and Group C posts like Assistants, Preventive Officers, Divisional Accountant, Sub-Inspectors, etc. in various Ministries and Departments of Government of India. The candidates planning to appear for the exam should know in detail about the SSC CGL syllabus so that they can strategize their study plan accordingly. In this article, we will also look into some details about the admit card and steps to download it.
The SSC CGL syllabus will be helpful for the candidate to focus on the required areas to score better in the exam. The SSC CGL consists of four stages Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. All these stages have different difficulty levels. Let us now understand the syllabus and exam pattern of all the stages in detail.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
- English Language and Comprehension
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
- Paper 1: Arithmetic Ability
- Paper 2: English Language & Comprehension
- Paper 3: Statistics
- Paper 4: General Studies-Finance and Economics
- Part A: Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting
- Part B: Economics and Governance
- Part C: Economic Reforms in India
SSC CGL Syllabus Tier 3
The SSC CGL Syllabus Tier 3 has a Descriptive Paper that consists of Letter Writing and Application Writing. Letter writing has both formal letter (letter to the editor, letter to the municipality, etc) and informal letter (letter to a friend, etc)
Read it also: Startup Business Loan
SSC CGL Syllabus Tier 4
There is no syllabus for the Tier 4 Exam as it consists of Document Verification and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)/ Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
SSC CGL Admit Card
Candidates can download their SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Admit Card 2020 from the official website by following the steps below.
- Go to the official SSC CGL website.
- Click ‘Admit Card’ located at the top of the Home Page
- Click on the SSC CGL Admit Card link.
- Enter the required details such as Roll No/Registered ID No. and Date of Birth.
- Click ‘Search Status’.
- If all the credentials are correct your SSC CGL Admit Card will be viewed.
- If you do not know your roll number then you can also enter the first four characters of your Name and first four characters of your Father’s Name & Date of Birth.
Important Things to remember for downloading SSC CGL admit card
Make sure you have the following things before downloading your SSC CGL admit card:
- Good internet connection
- White paper for printing the admit card
- Working printer
- Your Registration number, Password, etc
We hope this article about the SSC CGL syllabus and Admit card was useful to the SSC aspirants. If you have any doubts related to the SSC CGL exam, do mention in the comment box below.